It wasn't until recently that I started taking skincare a bit more seriously. Up until a few months ago, my skincare regimen was pretty much non-existent. I rarely moisturized, used clean&clear face wash from the drugstore and often fell asleep in my makeup. I have sensitive, somewhat dry skin that is prone to hard bumps (but very rarely get pimples) and have found a lot of success with these products (which, FYI, are all minimally scented or not scented at all).
1. Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes: I have tried a lot of makeup removal wipes and these are by far the best. The two issues I usually find with makeup removal wipes are that they leave a residue and/or are strongly scented. These wipes don't have either of these issues. I always keep a pack of them by my bedside for those nights when I am too exhausted to wash my face but at the very least can wipe my makeup off while laying down right before I pass out.
2. Tracie Martyn Purifying Cleanser: This face wash was recommended to me by a co-worker who has amazing skin and is incredibly knowledgeable about skin care. So far, I've been really happy with it; it leaves my skin feeling clean and I like that it lathers so I can use it with my Sonicare.
3. Aesop Exfoliant Paste: I only use this once or twice a week for a more intense exfoliation than the Sonicare provides. It has a very gritty consistency and I like the way it leaves my skin feeling.
4. Verso Night Cream: This cream is fantastic. It is perfect for someone with sensitive skin who still wants to use a product with retinoid (bonus: not scented!). Using products with retinoids is the only non-invasive way to actually reduce wrinkles and effectively promote skin cell turnover, but Retin-A completely dries my skin out and drugstore retinol products I have tried in the past have so little retinol that I don't see any effects. Verso is that perfect in-between. It is a retinol product but much more effective than the moisturizers I have tried in the past that contain retinol. It is very mildly drying so I use it every other day. On the off days, I use my First Aid Beauty moisturizer.
5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Moisturizer: This is a very light, non-greasy, non-scented moisturizer. If I wash my face in the morning, I can put my makeup on about 20 minutes after moisturizing. (Tip: always moisturize right after washing your face. The warm water opens up your pores, allowing your skin to absorb the moisturizer most effectively. I have found that when I moisturize long after I wash my face, the lotion just sits on the surface of the skin).
6. Chanel Double Perfection Matte Powder: So this isn't exactly skincare, but I switched to this powder (from Clinique) before I started dabbling in any of these skin care products and saw a huge reduction in the amount of bumps on my face. Honestly, I had no basis whatsoever for trying out this powder except I got suckered into the Chanel counter at Saks and thought, why not- I've been using the same powder my entire life and could stand to change it up. And yeah having a Chanel logo on my makeup seemed like a great idea. So imagine my surprise when I actually saw a big difference in my skin. Bonus: not scented and has SPF 15!